Saturday, September 1, 2007

Response to Cory Shields

I just sent Cory Shields the following email in response to his recent statement.

From: Mark Fischer
Subject: Source for estimated piracy levels on iPods
Date: September 1, 2007 9:30:12 PM MST
To: cory.shields@nbcuni.com

Dear Mr. Shields,

I am greatly interested in the source for your comment recently:

"In addition, we asked Apple to take concrete steps to protect content from piracy, since it is estimated that the typical iPod contains a significant amount of illegally downloaded material."

I would very much like to investigate the piracy levels on portable music and video devices, but have been unable to find a relevant study. If you have access to, or know of such a study that was the basis for your statement, I would be grateful if you would let me know.

Sincerely,
Mark Fischer

No comments: